- 150 grams mini marshmallows
- 50 grams soft butter
- 250 grams good dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)chopped into small pieces
- 60 millilitres hot water (from a recently boiled kettle)
- 284 millilitres double cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Put the marshmallows, butter, chocolate and water in a heavy-based saucepan. Put the saucepan over fairly gentle heat, to melt the contents, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Meanwhile, whip the cream with the vanilla extract until thick, and then fold into the cooling chocolate mixture until you have a smooth, cohesive mixture. Pour into glasses and chill until you want to eat. Enjoy!
Never under-estimate the power of chocolate.
photo courtesy of Alex Jameski recipe courtesy of Nigella
“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt. “Charles M. Schulz
We invite and welcome our houseguests to share with us their favourite recipes.
“Food brings people together on many different levels.It’s nourishment of the soul and body; it’s truly love. “Giada De Laurentiis