We had great fun cooking a delicious recipe of butter chicken inspired by chef Varun Inamdar. The steps below outline the step by step instructions which in this case are very simple to follow and the result will be the best butter chicken you’ve ever had, so much so you might even stop buying it as a take away.
For the chicken:
300-500 gms Chicken breast boneless or thighs
1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp Red chilli powder
Salt to taste
Oil ( or ghee ) to pan fry
For the gravy :
500 gms roughly slit tomatoes
100 gms roughly cut onions
1 tbsp garlic paste
50 gms cashew
1 tsp kasoori methi
1/2 tsp garam masala
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
5 tbsp butter
3 tbsp cream
2 tbsp malt vinegar / 1.5 tbsp White Vinegar
Salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken with ginger paste, garlic paste, red chilli powder and salt and keep it aside for 15 to 20 minutes .
- In a pan heat some oil then fry the marinated chicken pieces in it,once done place it into a bowl.
- In the same pan add onion, oil, spoonful of butter and once the onions are cooked add tomatoes and cashew nuts.
- Add some water and garlic paste, salt, malt vinegar, sugar, garam masala powder and chili powder. Evenly mix it and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Churn the mixture into fine puree.
- Strain it back into the same pan make sure there is minimal wastage.
- Add butter, cream, chicken and kasoori methi and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes. –
- Garnish it with cream and kasoori methi. Your Butter Chicken is ready to be served!
#recipe #food #butterchicken #indiancuisine #spices